Just like last year’s edition, many workshops will allow Surfin’ Bitcoin 2022 participants to better understand Bitcoin-related topics. To facilitate these workshops, the event will welcome 38 speakers in two rooms (Satoshi & Nakamoto), including many Bitcoin Core developers, Lightning Network developers, but also researchers, specialized in subjects such as the connected environment or security. computer science. StackinSat, which organizes the conference, will devote the morning of Saturday August 27 “Toward Better Bitcoin” to scientific research on Bitcoin and Lightning Network in collaboration with the University of Pau, UPPA.
Interactive and unique workshops
Surfing Bitcoin is proud to welcome Gloria Zhao, newly appointed Bitcoin Core Maintainer, who will review a Pull Request on Bitcoin Core. Antoine Poinsot will lead two workshops, on miniscript and covenants, two major Bitcoin developments eagerly awaited by the community, as they will allow the development of more advanced smart contracts than those currently offered. Roy Sheinfeld will discuss bringing the Lightning Network to the web, paving the way for many new uses for Bitcoin.
The majority of the workshops will deal with very technical topics, related to the Bitcoin protocol and the development tools that use it. Three other topics will also be covered. The first will concern bitcoin mining, its consensus mechanism: proof of work (PoW) and its positive impact on the energy industry and the development of renewable energies. The second will be about privacy, why it’s a hot topic, what to be wary of, and what tools to use to protect yourself. The last part will concern economics and finance, the speakers will discuss the Austrian school of economics in which bitcoin is part, taxation, wealth management and solutions to accommodate bitcoin in one’s business.
What is Toward Better Bitcoin?
StackinSat is a member of the OpenCEMS research chair. In this context, in particular under the leadership of Richard Chbeir, its director, the company is organizing the Toward Better Bitcoin conference. This will take place on the morning of Saturday August 27, with the aim of forging a link between the academic world and bitcoiners from all walks of life. To this end, research papers will be presented and discussed, regarding very specific topics related to the Lightning Network and mining pools. Elie Chicha, for example, will present an unpublished article on PTLCs, which constitute an upcoming evolution of the Lightning Network, providing more confidentiality, but introducing new limitations. This article describes a probabilistic approach to solve these newly introduced problems.
List of international speakers
- 1. Gloria Zhao: Bitcoin Core dev
- 2. Olga Ukolova: COO, Pandora Prime
- 3. Roy Sheinfeld: CEO, Breez
- 4. Fodé Diop: CEO, Bitcoin Developer Academy
- 5. Conor Okus: PM, Spiral
- 6. Jarol Rodriguez: Bitcoin Core developer
- 7. Nicolas Dorier: Creator, BTCPayServer
- 8. Benjamin Tyler Perrin: Creator, BTC Sessions
- 9. Jordi Herrera Joancomartí: Researcher
- 10. Stefano Secci: Researcher
- 11. Elie Chicha: Doctor in CS
- 12. Morgen Rochard: Financial planner
- 13. Jaran Mellerud: Analyst
List of French speakers
- 14. Théo Mogenet: CEO, Bitcoin Institute
- 15. David St-onge: Bitcoin educator
- 16. Nicolas Teterel: Author
- 17. Leo Maurice: Business developer
- 18. Jérôme Delaire: R&D Engineer
- 19. Andre Charles Legendre: CEO, Kalima
- 20. Anonymous Bitcoiner
- 21. Laurent Salat: Creator, OXT
- 22. Alexis Sellier: CEO, Radicle
- 23. Antoine Poinsot: CTO, Revault
- 24. Bastien Teinturier: VP Engineering, Acinq
- 25. Adrien Lacombe: Engineer, Ledger
- 26. Nicolas Consigny: Tech Specialist, Ledger
- 27. Rodrigo Carraresi: HO Dev. Relationships, Ledger
- 28. Pierre Morizot: CEO, Waltio
- 29. Antoine Derrien: Founder, 1357
- 30. Jean-Christophe Busnel: PM, StackinSat
- 31. Clement Desmise: Youtuber
- 32. Julien Wendling: HO R&D, StackinSat
- 33. Romain Lanusse-Crousse: Reg. Delegate, Delubac
- 34. Clara Zerbib: Lawyer, ORWL
- 35. Richard Chbeir: Mathematician & HO OpenCEMS
- 36. Mr. TK: Youtuber
- 37. Stephane Petibon: CEO, Datafarm Energy
- 38. Axel Orgogozo: CTO, QuantsUnited
About the organizer: StackinSat
StackinSat invented the concept of the Bitcoin Savings Plan (“BSP”), a service that makes it very easy to buy bitcoins at regular intervals, weekly or monthly, starting from €10. The company aims to become the reference platform for all bitcoin-related services in the years to come (savings, payments, etc.) and will focus its R&D strategy on products and services related to the Lightning Network, a technology for second layer that makes bitcoin more scalable, greener and facilitates micro-payments in bitcoin. StackinSat is the organizer of the Surfin’ Bitcoin conference, the largest Bitcoin conference in Europe, on August 25, 26 and 27, 2022.
Receive a digest of news in the world of cryptocurrencies by subscribing to our new daily and weekly newsletter service so you don’t miss any of the essential Tremplin.io!